Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It The Weekend?
Trainchaser
post Aug 12 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9

Good evening from a hot and humid Emerald Coast of Florida. We had some pretty wild thunderstorms move through during the afternoon with lots of lightning. Hit the low 90's several times today and looking like more of the same in store for tomorrow.

Made it up to the demo day with my range buddies and had a pretty good time. Got to shoot about 25 different guns at various distances. It was a good thing I left my cards home or I might have brought one of them home with me. We called it good when the crowds started showing up around noon and we got our first weather alert on our phones. Don't want to be in pine woods in a lightning storm. I talked to one of my neighbors that got there as we were leaving, after he got back home. He said it didn't start popping up there until they had packed everything up and was standing around talking about 2:30. He did say a lot more people came out after he got there. We all came back to my house for lunch and was still talking about everything we had got to shoot. One of the guys was telling my wife about the one I was raving about all the way back to the house and she asked me why I didn't just go ahead and get it. That changed as soon as one of them told her how much it was. Hence the reason I leave all forms of funding home when I go to a demo day.

Broke out my MDC rapid discharge hoppers again this evening to mess with the wheels and trucks to see if I can eliminate the shorting problem. Reinstalled the 33" metal wheels in the trucks and raised the car bodies .040" on 6 of them and .060" on another 6. Will see how each group works on my next trip to the club. I'm hoping the ,040" will be the combo that works. I may have to swap in a couple 36" wheel sets in on the .060" set up to see if that combo might work too. I'll keep tinkering with them until I find something that will work.

Other than that not much else happening down this way. Haven't heard from any of the guys that traveled down to Orlando for the convention and show yet.

Hope everyone has a fine Railroad Forum Weekend!

--------------------
Carl Diedrich

[CarlD]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 01:16 AM