Reply to this topicStart new topic
> May 2017 Pictures
dti406
post May 15 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Managed to get some models done this week.

[

First up is a CNJ 40' 1944 AAR Boxcar built surprisingly in 1944, originally in express service, they were designated BX, with the fall off of passenger service they were re-designated XM class boxcars and integrated in the freight pool. Front Range kit with A-Line sill steps, painted with Scalecoat II Oxide Red, they lettered with Tichy (Former Jerry Glow) Decals.

Front Range Combination Door 40' Boxcar kit, the GN used these primarily in lumber service thanks to the 13' door opening. They used the plug door so they would have a smooth inner surface when the cars were pressed into grain service during the fall grain rush. These cars were built in the late 40's and this is a mid 50's repaint. Car was painted with Scalecoat II ATSF Red and then also lettered with the Tichy (Former Jerry Glow) decals.

Thanks for looking!

Rick Jesionowski

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dti406
post May 19 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Yard Master

I managed to finish a couple of cars this week!

One of many 50' PS1 Boxcars purchased by the Rock Island in the early sixties, this in a 1964 purchase of a Hydroframe 60 Equipped car. Kadee supplied this kit, painted with Scalecoat II Oxide Red and lettered with Mask Island decals.

Another 50' PS1 Boxcar with Combination Doors purchased by the UP in 1966, just before the bann on roofwalks came in. I left it in the as delivered state. I also always liked the Autmoated Road paint scheme. Car is an Intermountain Railway Kit, added a Details West Coupler pocket to replicate the Keystone end of car Cushioning System along with A-Line Sill Steps. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Yellow and Floquil Platinum Mist Paints then lettered with Mask Island Decals.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post May 20 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #3

Les Staff

Member No.: 931

Gee Rick you do a good job on cars

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post
dti406
post May 26 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #4

Yard Master

Managed to finish a couple of cars this week!

Atlas Kaolin Tank Car Kit, painted with Scalecoat II Black Paint and lettered with Islington Station Products decals. Cars were used to haul Clay Slurry to processing plants, car was built in 1980 and is probably still in use today.

Kadee PS1 Boxcar Kit with Sliding Underframe, painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Orange and Black Paints, then lettered with Mask Island Decals. Car was built in 1964 for use hauling finished steel products from the US Steel plant in Gary, Indiana.

Thanks for looking!

Rick Jesionowski

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 04:35 AM