Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lehigh Valley X58 Boxcar
dti406
post Apr 5 2017, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

As Promised Here are some pictures of my assembly attempts on the LV X58 Boxcar.

Here is the underside of the car after installing the Keystone Cushioning Devices and various Cross-Member
Reinforcements and general reinforcements.

Installed the various brackets to hold the Air Tank, Brake Cylinder and ABD Valve (with all the holes drilled out for
various piping to be installed). Then installed the air lines connecting all the above mentioned equipment.

Thanks for looking!

This post has been edited by dti406: Apr 7 2017, 05:29 AM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dti406
post Apr 14 2017, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Yard Master

A Couple of In-Progress shots of my Lehigh Valley X58 Boxcar kit.

Here I have added all the brake lever guides, brake levers and rods, the small lever with out any rods, is for the hand brake connections which will be added later. The trucks are added temporarily now, to protect the brake gear while other detail work is going on.

Bent and installed the end ladders on both ends of the car, also installed the coupler pockets and couplers at this time.

Thanks for looking!

Rick Jesionowski

This post has been edited by dti406: Apr 14 2017, 05:30 AM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
dti406
post Apr 24 2017, 07:23 AM
Post #3

Yard Master

Some more in progress shots on the X58 Boxcar.

I have installed the hand brake rigging which extends up to the hand brake on the left side of the picture,

Retaining Valve Airline installed running from the ABD Valve and running down the right side of the car to the brake end of the car.

End of the car showing the retaining valve airline, hand brake rigging and the hand brake platform.

This post has been edited by dti406: Apr 24 2017, 07:24 AM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 03:35 PM