Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thursday, Chasing sales
k9wrangler
post Oct 12 2017, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

Doll had alarm set for 0700 so wed get a early start to a sale. Shut it off rolled over and slept another hour as I counted plaster waves in the textured ceiling. Finally rolled out after 8. Ok by me. I hate standing in line for the land rush starts. Lite crowd and display case she wanted was still available. Had to sit 20 min waiting for an old woman that had the driveway blocked return so I could back in the drive. Old woman was probably same age as me. She was dumbfounded that Id be upset she had the driveway blocked.

I sold my ConCor M10000 for my asking price yesterday and have it all packed up to take to the post office today. The $$ should pay off the 3D printer. I had some $$ set aside. I figured I better get myself something before Im asked for a loan Ill have to skip the trainshow in Grand Rapids this weekend. Hell, in cleaning up my work area Ive encountered Trainshow findings still in the bags I brought them home in. I never need to go to another Trainshow again in my life. I have cut way back in what Ive picked up in the last yr or so. Just cuz its a deal doesnt mean I need it or have a place to put it. The M10000 was like that. Its taken up space never been out of the box for 5-6 yes or more. The more stuff I get to put together or paint or detail the less time is going to my layout. Tick tick tick

Well time to roll. Word of anther sale in Battle Creek now. Tick tick tick

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cjbrock
post Oct 12 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #2

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 564

So true Karl. So which printer did you get? I posted up some shots I took at my club meeting last night, about time I remembered to take a camera. The stuff that is finished is really nice, hopefully the rest of the layout meets the standard.

I took my wife to the airport this morning, she decided she had to attend a wedding back in Minnesota. I decided the level of pain negotiating air travel was too large for me. I installed the last door to the machine shop area yesterday. Need to do a bit more shimming, some insulation and trim and I'm calling it done. Now I have to get some tools in there.

--------------------
John Brock

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Oct 12 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

John the machine I ordered is a Rostock Max v3 by SeeMeCNC. Kind of big but has great reviews and quite decent looking definition, maybe resolution?, if that is the right word to use. The fellow doing the clinic at Grand Rapids suggested it and I took two weeks trying to find out why not and couldn't find any. I did discover that 3D printing is full of nerds. Lots of weird terminology, one piece having sort of use with a bearing assembly is called a cheapskate. Got me.

I'll keep project updates as I can. "Some assembly required, batteries not included" (don't think it uses batteries)

Still have to climb the drawing program learning hill, too.

Big brown truck coming tomorrow(Fri) with it. 32lb package.

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:07 PM