Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cool September Photo's
dti406
post Sep 1 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Finished a couple of Milwaukee Road cars this week.

A few weeks ago I did a Milwaukee Road repaint of the 50' PS1 Boxcar with the Sliding Sill Underframe by Kadee, here is the same car in the 1962 as delivered paint scheme. Painted with Floquil MEC Harvest Yellow and Scalecoat II Black Paint, then decaled with Walther's Decals.

Walthers 86' PS Hi-Cube Boxcar Kit, painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Yellow, Black and White Paints, Floquil Platinum Mist Paint then lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was one of 5 from Pullman Standard in the late 60's, their other 86' cars were from other builders.

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cjbrock
post Sep 1 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Yard Master

Member No.: 564

Pretty sure I have photos of the cube car in Milpitas, CA at the Ford plant - they were building Fox-body Mustangs and I believe F-150's too. Trying to remember if they were F-150's or Rangers, but I think all the Rangers were built in St. Paul. I must say I liked the repaint scheme better on the PS1, something about that giant 'HYDROFRAME-60' just doesn't do it for me.

--------------------
John Brock

+Quote Post
tankertoad70
post Sep 1 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12

Nice additions Rick and I especially like that Kadee car with the Walthers decals. Walthers had really upgraded their decal line just before it was dropped. Too bad. sad.gif

Finally, here are some recent completions of mine.
First off, a bloomin' icon_smile_boom.gifALCo or two. This is one of the good ol' Atlas/Roco S2s painted up in Mt Hoods most recently updated scheme. The paint is Trucolor Light Undercoat Grey and Floquil Dark Green. Decals were created by Rail Graphics (gonna need to get some more before they go outa business. I use a 50/50 mix of Dullcoat and Glosscoat for the finish. The decoder is from NCE. I had one of their discontinued Atlas S4 decoders on hand.

Now an RS11 from Atlas/Yellowbox. She is painted from the same paint batch as the S2. Her decoder is a Digitrax 165 series. I hadda modify the tubes for the lighting to fit the decoder board and LEDs; a pretty easy task.

More pics to come as the month presses on. cowboy.gif

--------------------
Don in "Orygun" City
CEO, Prez, Sec, Treas, Chief Engineer/Dispatcher, Customer of the Wishram, Oregon and Western

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post Sep 2 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #4

Les Staff

Member No.: 931

Wow couple nice starts there for the month.
That's nice scheme Don

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Sep 3 2017, 05:55 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 404

A great looking start to the month of September. More of Rick's box cars and a double treat, ALCOs in Michigan State Spartan colors.

--------------------
Be SAFE!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
tankertoad70
post Sep 3 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #6

Here are a pair of recent additions for the MH RR club. wink.gif

This is a C&BT Shops boxcar outa my collection painted with Tru-Color freight car red and lettered w/ MS's decals. I never knew this scheme existed on the steel boxcars, but had seen it on some woodies. icon_smile_scool.gif

And, a second SP&S car w/ roof hatches. The road had a hand full of these puppies for grain service. It is an Athearn humperdill that I modified to accept an extra Front Range door I had on hand. cowboy.gif

--------------------
Don in "Orygun" City
CEO, Prez, Sec, Treas, Chief Engineer/Dispatcher, Customer of the Wishram, Oregon and Western

+Quote Post
tankertoad70
post Sep 3 2017, 09:14 AM
Post #7

ALCOs
destined fer the scrap yard at a young age - - - - - - - - icon_smile_evil.gif icon_smile_evil.gif

--------------------
Don in "Orygun" City

+Quote Post
Trainchaser
post Sep 4 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9

Some mighty fine artistry this month so far. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Carl Diedrich

[CarlD]

+Quote Post
dti406
post Sep 8 2017, 05:28 AM
Post #9

Yard Master

Did a couple of covered hoppers this week!

Bowser 1958 CF ACF Covered Hopper Kit, painted with Scalecoat II Boxcar Red and lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was originally built in 1950 and this is a 1977 Repaint, used for hauling sand from Michigan to the Ford Casting Plant in Brook Park, Ohio.

Tangent Dry-Flow unlettered car, found some Oddballs decals in Rock Island for it. No pictures to be found, used the decal diagram. Car originally built in 1962. It is very hard to find pictures of any of the Dry-Flow cars, seems people were more interested in taking pictures of engines and leaving the car histories behind.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
tankertoad70
post Sep 8 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #10

The latest from Wishram's roster. I detailed this at least 20 years ago, didn't feel like attacking the low nose mod icon_smile_nono.gif , and finally god around to finishing her this past August. luxhello.gif
She is a good ol' Uncle Irv wide body GP7 with new Cannon motor and DCC'd, plus I polished the older Athearn scintered iron wheels to smooth 'em out. The decals came from a variety of sources; Champ, MS, Gary Collins and Highball. Colors are Floquil (still have a fair amount on hand) and finished with my 50/50 mix of Dullcoat and Glosscoat. This is my first older Athearn I installed LEDs in w/ resistors. Figured out a method to do that without all sorts of wires running to and fro..... biggrin.gif
She is a sweet runner! icon_smile_circle.gif

--------------------
Don in "Orygun" City

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Sep 9 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 404

Looks ;Ike a good runner, esp for a GM. wink.gif

--------------------
Be SAFE!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
dti406
post Sep 15 2017, 06:01 AM
Post #12

Yard Master

Another Standard Kadee 50' PS1 Boxcar, painted with Scalecoat II Boxcar Red and lettered with Herald King Decals. Another member of the 1962 Class of PS1 boxcars repainted in the 70's. Needed these to tone down the colors of the rest of the DT&I Fleet.

Walther NAAC 50' Smooth Side RBL kit, painted with Scalecoat II Boxcar Red and Floquil Platinum Mist paints, then lettered with Detail Associates decals. Car was built in 1964 and was one of a group that was assigned to the WP but may have never worn WP paint as they were transfered to the SP with NADX reporting marks. I could have done one of the group the WP did own, but I could not find and IX in yellow with the proper font for the WPIX cars assigned to the WP.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 06:31 PM