Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harvest Time Pictures, October 2017
dti406
post Oct 6 2017, 05:58 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Managed to finish a couple of cars this week!

Walthers PS 4427 Kit, being used as a stand in for the Bethlehem 4452 CF Covered Hopper Kit, Replaced the plastic Roofwalk with a Plano one and added an airline under the side sill. Painted with Scalecoat II UP Covered Hopper Gray and lettered with Islington Station Products Decals. Car was leased to the Ann Arbor by Chicago Freight Cars in 1964 and the Cots Label and ACI plate were added later. Car was used for hauling Malt from Michigan to the Schlitz Brewery in Milwaukee via the Car Ferry across Lake Michigan.

Exactrail PS 4427CF Covered Hopper kit, painted with my Floquil Mixture for Anderson's Blue/Gray Paint and lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was built in 1964 and after coming off lease was sold to the Anderson's in 1974 and then repainted. Used for hauling grain between Maumee and Toledo, Ohio.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cjbrock
post Oct 6 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Yard Master

Member No.: 564

Rick, I appreciate the details you write about how and where the cars were in service. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
John Brock

+Quote Post
cjbrock
post Oct 12 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #3

Yard Master

Member No.: 564

A few photos I took last night at the weekly meeting of the Corvallis Society of Model Engineers in Adair Village, OR. This is the only part of the layout that is really finished, all by member Doug Taylor. It would fit in on Jon Grant's Sweet Home Chicago.

--------------------
John Brock

+Quote Post
dti406
post Oct 15 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Yard Master

John, that is a nicely detailed layout, thanks for posting those pictures!

I finished a couple of cars this week.

E&C Greenville 52'6" Gon Kit, removed the cast on grabs and replaced with Tichy Drop Grabs, required 28 grabs and the associated holes to be drilled. Also carved off the cast walk over platform and installed a Plano one. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Black and then lettered with Oddballs Decals. Car was built in 1983 and as most MP Gons were painted in Boxcar Red paint it was odd that this one was delivered in Black paint, the story is that the MP sent a black and white picture of a gon to the Mexican supplier and told them to paint it like that and they did using black paint instead of boxcar red.

Kadee PS 2003CF Covered Hopper, painted with Scalecoat UP Covered Hopper Gray and lettered with Highball Graphics Decals. The Prototype cars were built in 1955 by the PRR Altoona shops from kits supplied by Pullman Standard. They were repainted into the PC scheme shown in the 1970's.

See you all later!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Oct 16 2017, 08:15 AM
Post #5

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

icon_smile_coolguy.gif

Good work, Rick. Nice layout, John

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
dti406
post Oct 20 2017, 06:29 AM
Post #6

Yard Master

I managed to get a couple of cars done this week!

Kadee 50' Hydroframe PS1 Boxcar kit, painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Yellow and lettered with Mask Island Decals. Car was built in 1962 and had the ladders shortened and was repainted in 1970, used in general service.

Branchline 1944 AAR Boxcar Kit, painted with Floquil Reefer Gray and lettered with Oddballs Decals. Car was built by the Desoto Shops in the late 50's. In 1975 the car was either in a wreck in Mexico and was repainted in this gray scheme or it was an experimental paint scheme by the railroad. Needless to say this is the only car of this type with the gray paint scheme.

Lets see more great work by the modelers on this forum.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:02 PM