Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Going Up
Mr. SP
post Apr 3 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #1

Mr. SP

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,242

The past couple of weeks the price of gas has gone up about thirty cents per gallon. It's now two and two bits here.
Across the river in Washington it's two and four bits and you have to pump it yourself.
In Washington the price of booze is twice what it is here in Oregon.
At our local state liquor store a fifth of Jack Daniels is $19. Across the river in Washington at the Safeway grocery store it's $40.
It's way more cheaper to live in Oregon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dti406
post Apr 4 2016, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Yard Master

Member No.: 745

Cliff, The price of gas here has just crossed the $2.00 area but has dropped back down to $1.879 this morning, hope it does not go up until I get gas this evening.

Can't say much on the price of liquor, although Ohio has always been high with the fact the State runs all the liquor sales so I know we are higher than Michigan and Illinois, Pennsylvania prices are as bad as Ohio's. The profits go to fund one of Kasucks' pet projects called Jobs Ohio, for which the taxpayer gets no information how they spend the taxpayers money.

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
dti406
post Apr 5 2016, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Yard Master

Cliff, only paid $1.859 last night for gas, it should be going up either tonight or tomorrow, and will drip pennies each day until next week.

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post May 19 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Les Staff

Member No.: 931

Fuel here has been down to $1 a litre here for a couple weeks now but rose briefly to $1:23. Now back to $1:04 but $1 with shopper docket.

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post May 20 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

It's $2.35 today after $2.45 Tues or Wed, it'll drift down to about $2.15 or so the next week then pop up 20 cents or more the following Tues or Wednesday. It's stupid. Greedy and of course the Gas Buddy mouthpiece for the petroleum industry says, 'but it's a buck less than last year' to make you relax so the shaft doesn't hurt so bad while your bent over the barrel.

I am surprised the difference between Ohio and Michigan, last fall when we were in Ohio it was consistently 50 cents higher than it had been when we left and returned.

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
dti406
post Jul 18 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Yard Master

Last Thursday, gas was $1.939 went up to $2.259 on Friday and was back to $1.949 this morning, talk about the summer weekend rape!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 05:07 PM