Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hot July Pictures!
dti406
post Jul 7 2017, 07:22 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Got some work done also this week along with a number of project in progress.

Tangent RTR car that came in basic gray paint, added the flag placard and decaled the car with Mark Vaughn's Wabash decals. Original car was built in 1962 and I don't know how long it lasted in Wabash paint. There are no known closeup pictures of the car, so I had to go by the diagram that came with the decals. The only known picture of this car is a pair of them shot from a distance on the Detroit River Ferry.

Intermountain Railway 5283 CF FMC Boxcar Kit, painted with Floquil GTW Blue and Platinum Mist Paints, then lettered with Herald King Decals. The prototype cars were built in early 1975 but were transferred to the BAR in 1976 with the demise of the MILW Road.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trainchaser
post Jul 13 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9

Nice pair of cars Brian. icon_smile_scool.gif

--------------------
Carl Diedrich

[CarlD]

+Quote Post
dti406
post Jul 14 2017, 06:15 AM
Post #3

Yard Master

Thanks, Carl!

Finished a couple of cars this week:

Branchline 40' 1944 AAR Boxcar kit, added roof hatches at each end of the car, replaced the roofwalk with a Plano Morton style roofwalk, and A-Line Sill Steps in place of the plastic ones. Painted the car with Scalecoat IC Orange and lettered with Dan Kohlbergs decals. Car was built in 1961 and one of 90 modified in 1970 with the roof hatches and roofwalk for hauling salt, the ICG only expected the cars to last 5 years in that service but 5 cars made it to the 1980 ORER.

Red Caboose Coil Flat painted with Scalecoat II ICG Orange and Black Paint and then lettered with Dan Kohlbergs decals. Car was a new build in 1975.

Thanks for looking!

This post has been edited by dti406: Jul 14 2017, 07:55 AM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
dti406
post Jul 21 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #4

Yard Master

Managed to finish a couple of cars this week!

Front Range ACF 1944 AAR Boxcar Kit, A-Line Sill Steps and used a Branchline Diagonal Panel Roof in place of the Front Range one. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Chinese Red and lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was originally purchased in 1953 and repainted in 1973 in this the Coast Guard scheme that was applied to a lot of CNJ equipment.

Intermountain PS1 Boxcar kit with A-Line Sill Steps, painted with Scalecoat II Oxide Red and lettered with Speedwitch Media Decals. Car was originally purchased in 1947 and in 1964 20 cars #34001-34020, were pulled out of service and had steel plate floors installed bolster to bolster along with Evans DF loaders.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Jul 22 2017, 05:30 AM
Post #5

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

Good looking cars, Rick, lots of bright reds.

I've been frustrated in replacing my photo storage. Still investigating.

--------------------
Be SAFE!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 09:50 AM