Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DCC CV settings
WEUSANDCORR
post Nov 16 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Les Staff

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

I've been communicating with a fellow ossie on you tube about TSU sound decoder settings.
He has come up with this info

First drop the volume on the prime mover to half This brings the other sounds right out including making the horn better
CV 131 = 120 or there abouts

Use 128 speed steps

Unlock the speed table and look at table A and this is how it comes out
Address Ext
Use speed table Yes
anologue No
speed step 128
direction normal or reverse if you need
this adds up to fifty
CV 29 = 50

Speed curve linear
and then pick a speed table
CV 25 = 2

Next we change top speed to some where near half in my case
CV's 66-95 = 70- 100

then we have to change the start value because it takes too much to get it going now we have changed the top speed so
CV 2 = 5 go up or down till it crawls at first speed step without jerking on controller
Then we do the momentun this is personal to how much on run you want this case
CV 3-4 = 125

now we set the BEMF
CV 212 = 100

and the BEMF cut of
CV 10 = 30-40 I find is good This makes the loco perform like its on a dc power pac because of the changes it revs up and down like the real one and the prime mover runs notch seven or eight climbing hilsl with out increasing the speed much

Lastly we adjust the slow star even further
CV 209 = 90 down to sixty
With all of this I can get them to crawl at speed step one at about a quarter of a mile an hour.
It also makes it perform more like a real loco and the engine loads up and down too.

When you first look up the TSU manual its a lot of waffle this bloke demistified it for me and it also works for other brands as well. I just did a NW2 for charli and what a difference it made .I still haven't got the nerve to attack that MTH cause I can't reset the dam thing if I sruff up so I will readjust the NCE's I put in the Athearn C-449w's

You can look him up at Fishplate Films on you tube He's a funny bloke but very informative I have subbed to his cahnnel so you will find him if you go to the vid address I posted not long ago
Cheers Les

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Nov 17 2013, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

TSU is that Tsunami? I have one that absolutely drives be up the flippin' wall. It has a mind of it's own and there is zero coordination between throttle setting and sound. I've run it up a bit, let the thing start to speed up, stop and then back up as if trying to back into a siding or something and the damned thing won't follow the throttle. I'll have to follow your suggestions when I get the dcc back up and running. That will be a bit, tho, with the construction.

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post Nov 18 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #3

Les Staff

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

Thats the one Karl .I'm not a fan of them either but this seems to cure a lot of the probs .Turning the back EMF off or about the thirty or forty seems to work and cutting the top speed to about half . Go watch his you tube vids well worth the time .Theres also one there on speed matching too.
Cheers

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 05:11 PM