Reply to this topicStart new topic
> February - Six More Weeks of Winter!, Photo's
dti406
post Feb 12 2018, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Got a couple of cars done a couple of weeks ago!

This is a Tangent G31 Gondola, painted with Scalecoat II PRR Freight Car Color and lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was originally built in 1951 by ACF and produced in the thousands, this is a 1967 rebuild now in Class G31k.

This is an Exactrail Evans 4780CF Covered Hopper kit, painted with Scalecoat II BN Cascade Green paint and lettered with Oddballs decals. Car was built in 1979 by Evans and leased to the Garvey Grain Corp. One of a number of Midwest lettered covered hoppers I have in the fleet, I did make one mistake in lettering the car that I noticed after I took the picture, I will correct and repost later this weekend.

This post has been edited by dti406: Feb 12 2018, 07:58 AM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dti406
post Feb 16 2018, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Yard Master

Managed to get a couple of cars done last week!

Walther's 40' Reefer kit, replaced all the cast grabs with Tichy wire grabs and the cast sill steps with A-Line replacements. Car was painted with Scalecoat II Boxcar Red, Reefer Yellow and Aluminum Paints, then lettered with Oddballs Decals. Prototype was built in 1947 and hauled meat products from the midwest to the east coast.

Accurail 40' RBL kit, replaced the cast grabs and sill steps with wire grabs and A-Line sill steps, added a Fishbelly Underframe to the car, then painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Orange and Pullman Green Paints, and lettered with decals from Tom's Model Train shop. Car was rebuilt in the 50's in this configuration by North American and leased to the CNJ for shipping Ballantine's Beer from New Jersey to locations all across the US, I have modeled this in a later period as noted by the ACI label next to the door. This is the fourth car like this I have done as the decal sheet had enough decals for 4 cars.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!

+Quote Post
dti406
post Feb 20 2018, 11:35 AM
Post #3

Yard Master

I did manage to finish a couple of cars this week!

Kadee 40' Cushion Underframe PS1 kit, changed out the doors and painted with Scalecoat II Reefer Yellow and lettered with Highball Graphics decals. Car built in the early 60's and was assigned to Pillsbury in Bufallo, NY for finished food service.

Athearn 50' PC&F Ribbed Side RBL, added A-Line Sill Steps to car instead of the plastic kit supplied ones. Painted with a mixture of Scalecoat II White with a couple of drops of Roof Brown and Reefer Yellow to match the beige color the car was painted, lettered the car with Herald King Decals matching the picture in the Frisco Color Guide. Car was assigned to the Schlitz Brewing Co. in Memphis, TN hauling beer, which accounts for its color. The Frisco had a number of cars assigned to industries where the color determined its use.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Feb 20 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

Nice cars, Rick.

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 06:32 PM