> December Photos
dti406
post Dec 1 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Managed to finish one car this week!

This is a car I built for the Railroad Clubs Christmas Gift Exchange. Athearn PS 5344CF Boxcar Kit, with added Plano Walkover Platform and A-Line Sill Steps in place of the plastic ones. Painted the car with Scalecoat II Armour Yellow and Floquil Platinum Mist Paints, then decalled with Oddballs Decals. The KCS picked these cars up in 1987 from one of the shortlines that had too many, and instead of painting it in their rust color left in the the yellow that the cars were originally painted and lettered with green graphics.

In progress car, Athearn PC&F 50' RBL with a 12' Door, car will be either SSW, SP or WP depending on the decal I can find.

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dti406
post Dec 8 2017, 06:26 AM
Post #2

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

I managed to finish a couple of cars this week!

First up is an Intermountain 1937 AAR Mod Boxcar Kit, with added Yarmouth Models Metal Sill Steps, then painted with Floquil Jade Green and Scalecoat II Black Paints and lettered with Oddballs decals. The KO&G purchased 3 of these cars in 1952. The KO&G was a bridge line purchased by the MP to connect their Kansas line and Texas Line. The KO&G had a lot of hopper cars but very few boxcars on their roster, was fully absorbed into the MP in the 60's.

Kadee PS 2003 CF Covered Hopper, painted with Scalecoat II Tuscan Red and lettered with Herald King Decals. Car was originally built in 1956 and repainted into this scheme in 1961. Mostly used in cement and sand service.

Thanks for looking!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 11:52 AM