Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gloomy Tuesday!
dti406
post Nov 14 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Good afternoon from mostly cloudy and cool Northeast Ohio!
Temps in the mid 40's but no rain today.

Last night I painted a 1937 Mod AAR 40' Boxcar body and the
roof of a completed PS 5344CF 50' Boxcar. Also worked on
building the ends for the 1937 Mod AAR Boxcar as they and the
roof will be a different color. Worked on decaling my Wabash
GP35.

Bowling tonight, so I don't know how much I will get done on
anything tonight.

See you all later!

This post has been edited by dti406: Nov 14 2017, 01:26 PM

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Nov 14 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

Sunny and ‘warm’ today in Michigan after a rather foggy start. I loaded up my old recliner, sniff, and hauled it a load of debris to the landfill today, then spent a bit of time putting the chains and weights on my Deere with the blower. All ready for the inevitable winter weather. Sitting down now at 7pm to watch Michigan State and duke hoops. Sparty is supposed to be darn good this year.

Monday was a good day, spent at a special Monday ops event at Bruce Chubb’s. Joe Fugate and two others from Model Railroad Hobbiest Magazine were there after attending Trainfest over the weekend. They reported claustrophobic crowds on Saturday and lighter on Sunday. Lots of families and kids. I see that Scaletrains announced one those transitional GE units that Conrail had Rick might like, round cab roof with the Dash-8 long hoods. Not my cup o’tea But lots of folks excited about it.

Good bowling tonight, Rick. Everyone have a good week.

--------------------
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post Nov 14 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Les Staff

Member No.: 931

G'day all,
Weather as normal for here. sunny and very warm heading to 33c
After heading hours south the car fried the electronics just as we entered Sydney. The Auto club rescued us and then the nightmare of Sydney public transport was depended on to make the airport.
We did get there, but late for cut off for boarding plane. They rescheduled us on another to New Zealand for a connecting flight to L.A. By the time we got on the ground it had gone pear shape again.
we were then told it would be another twelve hours to get out, which meant we may make Trainfest by lunch time on the Sunday. We returned to Australia very disheartened.
The Agency has come to the party and we will get some refund at least.
The car cost $736 to get out of hock not to mention the public transport cost. I don't understand how they can pay the costs of getting around that city. It is prohibitive.
I arrived back home yesterday lunch.
What would have been ?

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post
WEUSANDCORR
post Nov 14 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Les Staff

Member No.: 931

Iowa Scaled Engineering I think makes the the Proto throttle. Yes it is designed as a diesel stand .It will work direct with NCE radio system .
They are suggesting it will be about $400 US for throttle. The horn playable, 8 notches on throttle train brake loco brake. Digit screen to see loco number.
see MRH and Google search Proto throttle to see posts.

--------------------
Cheers Les
WEUSANDCORR
Mountains to sea Rail Bulk Haulage

Les Staff Grafton NSW Australia

+Quote Post
Trainchaser
post Nov 14 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9

Evening from a cool Emerald Coast of Florida. Had pleasant weather over the weekend which helped with the monumental task of clearing out the remains of my garage layout. It took 3 full days to get it all torn down, but it is finally done. Had a long weekend for Veteran's Day so took the opportunity to tackle it. Will be sorting through all the excess junk we pulled out along with the layout to see what all is worth saving. Haven't made it to the club since last Tuesday so kind of out of the loop about the club's plans for this coming weekend. We're supposed to be setting up the modular layout up at the Bob Hope Village this weekend I think. Not sure what time everything is supposed to happen yet since this is one of those last minute plans that popped up.

Les, sorry to hear of your troubles with your transportation. I know the frustration that comes with it all.

Hope everyone has a fine Railroad Forum Week!

--------------------
Carl Diedrich

[CarlD]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 05:11 PM