post Mar 20 2017, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Good morning from mostly sunny and cold Northeast Ohio, temps in the
30's today may warm up later this week.

Managed a 226-172-225 for a 623 Series Friday night. That is 4 600 series
in a row. Feel really good about bowling right now.

Worked on a 50' Walthers Express Reefer, drilling all the holes for the miscellaneous
grabs and lift rings, and gluing them in place. Also painted an Atlas 5347CF Boxcar
along with an Atlas 5701CF Covered Hopper. I continued decaling another Walthers
50' Express Reefer and started on the Atlas 5347CF Boxcar.

See you all later!

--------------------
Regards
Rick

Rule 1: This is my railroad.
Rule 2: I make the rules.
Rule 3: Illuminating discussion of prototype history, equipment and operating practices is always welcome,but in the event of visitor-perceived anacronisms, detail descrepancies or operating errors, consult RULE 1!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
k9wrangler
post Mar 20 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 404

Great bowling, Rick. I hope your good fortune continues. It sounds like you've figured something out. Too bad you have to wait a whole week between games. It's been many years since I bowled at all, the last on a New Years Eve with my ex and another couple (Model railroad buddy Andy Keeney and his still wife) my arm felt like it was falling off for over a week.

Well, the remarkable season ended for my SPARTANS yesterday when they ran into the buzz saw from Kansas. That other team from S of us fared better and move on. Unlike their venomous fans that are feasting on our demise I do wish them well.

Today I've been working on the layout and will head back down there shortly. I'm putting in some landscape for some scenery at one end of the layout, an area heading into staging.

OPS at Bruce's went well Saturday. I had a good time but really got tired out. Stayed up too late the night before enjoying the SPARTANS take Miami apart, going down 10 points early, tying by half and then pulling ahead and winning by 21 points.

The highlight of the ops session was the passage of a circus train:
Unfortunately i cant seem to copy and paste with the iPad rolleyes.gif

Well back to the layout, maybe I'll post pics later from the desktop.

BE SAFE!!

--------------------
Be SAFE!!

Karl N. Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Sunfield Township, Michigan

+Quote Post
cjbrock
post Mar 20 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #3

Yard Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 564

Time to move on to baseball Karl, as bad as my Oregon State Beavers are at basketball - well - take a look:

How are you doing your scenery? Are you a cardboard and plaster guy, or foam and Sculptamold or ??

What I learned at this weekend's DCC clinic:

1. Weird stuff happens

2. Don't read all pages into DecoderPro with a sound decoder

3. Don't drop your loco on the floor getting the shell off (luckily not me this time - knock on wood).

--------------------
John Brock

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 08:36 AM